Tuesday, February 16, 2016

“How did it get so late so soon?”

Oh my! A friend just sent me these two pictures which I have never seen. That's me as a teenager on a school trip to Venice. It was such fun, we had tremendous freedom and roamed at will. I now look at my young smiling face and wish I could go back through time and give that cheerful girl some advice. Have a chat about life and choices.

The picture below is my high school prom picture! Why so glum? The dress was made by my next door neighbor from fabric I chose. Ha! The next day I flew to Scotland with my family, our Grandfather was ailing. 
But really....... “It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one.” -George Harrison

2 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Shelagh, I loved seeing you as a young woman! I know what you mean about life's choices, but I'd like to imagine the life we have was meant for us. So many changes for me the past few years, but I am enjoying them all.

aliceinparis said...

Hiya! Thanks:)