Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Virgin Cure


Ami's book launch was a great success!! It was wonderful to hear her read from the story and bring "Moth" to life. Her prose is like poetry. There were lots of people to cheer her on including Meaghan Smith, much to Ami's delight. They are big fans of each other! Meaghan is a lovely singer and a fabulous artist too. I had a chat about painting:)

And LOOK at this!!! Ami's husband gave her this wonderful "moth" ring. What a gorgeous reminder of all things good. The silver bangle on her wirst belonged to Sadie, her great grandmother, the woman who inspired this tale! I am half way through the book and loving it:)

5 comments:

Renee said...

Ahhh, I didn't know of Ami's reading at Chapters til tuesday, when I read your blog. I so, so, so wanted to go, but had other commitments. Then I find out Meaghan Smith was there too! Crap.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

love the moth ring and now i know i am going to have to get this book. i looked at meaghans video of 'silver bells' i love the rendition she performs and her voice is beautiful! sounds like everybody had a wonderful time!

Christina Silverio said...

I absolutely loved the Birth House, so will have to go out and get this one, too! What an amazing time you must have had!

Heidi said...

Lucky!! I loved the Birth House. Whenever I'm asked about my favorite books of all time, I always include the Birth House. Looking forward to reading her new one!

Ami said...

Thanks so much for being there! I love the pics, especially the one where I'm making googly eyes at Meaghan. (Can you tell I'm a fan?) *giggle*